A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Under Construction


It's official! I have out grown the kitchen as my 'office'. Believe it or not, I krank out hundreds of skeins of yarn per month and use our kitchen, deck, spare room and living room as my work space. You might imagine that this meant a bit of compromise on space we use as our 'living space'. Well, I am soooooo excited that I am officially getting a workshop, completely devoted to A Swell Yarn Shop and Duet Sock Yarns. On either side of the partially stocked shelves will by my yarn helpers work stations. Yarn helpers...as in two helpers that do their prepping and packaging while I am creating fun colorways. It's under construction right now, the plumber and electrician will arrive soon to install the needed amenities....now I have to decide how to decorate :)

Also recently finished is the brand new 'Bundo' (a bunny condo)

As you already know, my critters are my babies! My angora buns have been inside the house with us for the better part of a year and we did our best to make it the most comfortable environment for them. Well, angora bunnies have those super warm fur coats and no matter how cold I kept the house in the winter (while we shivered and layered our clothing) and did my best to keep it cool in the summer, I knew that they just needed to be outside to be comfortable. So Mr Ken built this! The bundo! They have more hay to romp around in than any bunny can ever hope for. They can make as big a mess as they want and hop around for hours on end! And check out the fort on the left! They are loving it and are much happier now that they don't have to deal with the temperatures that us humans without fur coats need. Daisy demostrates how she enjoys taunting Pearin while she hops around for her play time.

Our home is definitely 'under construction' in so many ways, but everything is moving along and once it's all done we will have a home back, super happy bunnies and a yarn workshop....a dream come true!!!

4 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I lived in Portland or close, I'd be asking for a job. I'd love to make money doing something I enjoy!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Your own "yarn shop", how awesome!!!!! Will it be open to the public someday???

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger sherriknits said...

Now this is good news! :)
How very exciting for you!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Macoco said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home