A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival


In just a couple short weeks the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival will be here!!!
I am extremely excited! This show is not only the best fiber show I have ever been to, but it is where my Duets first started.
Last year was my first year there as a customer and a vendor. As a customer, I don't remember having much will power...I came home with 7 (yes, 7!) raw fleeces...to this day I am occasionaly reminded of this by a few folks in my knitting group, that also attended OFFF, in oh so subtle ways ("hey Ange, how are those 7 fleeces coming along" or should a conversation come up about over indulgence "hey Ange, didn't you buy 7 fleeces last year").
Anyways, in addition to the 7 fleeces, I had an absolute blast as a vendor. The customers wandering around looked just as amazed and excited as I was to be there. Often times they would be pumped with excited after just getting out of a class or just heading to a class. I met some of the nicest knitters and spinners ever at this show!!! The vendors around me were also fantastic! I was right next to the editor of Spindilicity and what a pleasure it was to meet her! And her magazine is great too!
Like I said, last year was when the Duet line was introduced. I had Duet spinning fiber and Duet Sock Yarn in addition to some other commercial yarns-it was a small booth but knitters and spinners managed to find me because I sold out of everything Duet in the first few hours! I was shocked and excited all at the same time!
I have been working my buns off making sure any knitter that comes to my booth will have a chance to grab some Duet Sock Yarns. 'Exactly how much yarn would be enough?!"....this thought keeps me up at night. I am filling bins full of yarn like the one above to bring with me,
but I don't know how many people even know about OFFF or live close enough to attend and since this is really the only time Duet Sock Yarns are available in person and I sold out the first time, I don't even know how to guestimate how much I will need.
Well, that said, I better get back to work and create a few more colorways today!
Can't wait to go to Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival!!!! Hope to see you there!

9 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck, Sweetie! Let me know how it goes :)

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went last year, too! It was my first year and I was completely overwhelmed! I met you and you were one of the nicest people I met! I didn't buy any Duet sock yarn (stupid!), but I did buy a spindle and some Duet fiber! I love it!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Lori-because you requested it, I will do my darndest to have Duet Fibers there too!
I haven't done them yet for my website...but let's see what I can do for this show! :)
PS. Please introduce yourself again when you stop by!!!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I'm going to be there for the first time. I look forward to meeting you in person. :)

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there, but living on the East coast makes it not possible. Good luck. I know that you will do great! Duets is my favorite sock yarn. Love the yarn and your wonderful colorways! (Also loved the welcome goodie package for the Lucky Lurkers Club!) Enjoy the festival.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Alyssa-Glad you will be able to go :) Can't wait to meet the first ever lucky lurker member of the first ever lucky lurker sock club in person!!!!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Anna said...

This year will be my first time at OFFF. My husband agreed to come with me, so I think we'll just make it a crazy, long one day trip. I think we'll leave Redmond, WA around 6AM.
What's it like down there? Should I come with tons of cash or do vendors take credit cards? Does anyone sell wheels down there? I am looking to get a new wheel, maybe an Ashford Kiwi. Save a Duet for me!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Anna said...

This year will be my first time at OFFF. My husband agreed to come with me, so I think we'll just make it a crazy, long one day trip. I think we'll leave Redmond, WA around 6AM.
What's it like down there? Should I come with tons of cash or do vendors take credit cards? Does anyone sell wheels down there? I am looking to get a new wheel, maybe an Ashford Kiwi. Save a Duet for me!

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Soo said...

Have a great time - it sounds like a great event.

And don't worry about having too much -- I expect you won't. And in the unlikely event that you do I suspect some of us lurker types will snap up the remainder!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home