A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Knitted Samples

The gals at the Renton Stitchers were kind enough to all pitch in for my booth at Oregon Flock and Fiber this weekend and knit samples for all to see....and let me tell you what!!! They are fantastic! Each of them uses only one skein for the pattern...yes, even the sweaters! The chevron scarves use 2 skeins, but the pattern calls for two different skeins so whatcha gonna do?!
Check 'em out

Aren't these adorable....the first is the suprise baby jacket, the vest is out of XXL Duet, and the final one is a lovely pattern by Liberty

Next up is socks galore!!! Big ones, little ones, fancy ones and shorty ones.



There's gonna be lots of warm feet out there this winter!

Here we have Sally and Teddy Skipper sporting adorable knit sets! Sally is wearing a newborn set of booties, mittens and beany. Teddy Skipper has on a frilly crocheted number-perfect for everyday wear! :P

And finally we have the Chevron Scarf from last minute knitted gifts! I know some of you had hear these had been made using Duet Sock Yarns and were eager to see them so let me tell you a little bit about each. The one on the left, knitted by Liz , is done using the main colors throughout the body of the scarf and the coordinating colors for the trim...the colors she used are Chocolate Fantasy and Hearthrob. The one on the right is knitted by Joanne and she alternated the trim with the main color then when the trim ran out, alternated the main colors...the colors she used were Hot Flash and Lemonade Stand. I don't know about you, but know I am inspired to knit my own Chevron Scarf!!!

Now, I am off to load up the camper with loads and loads and loads of yarn for the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival. If you can make it there, it is definitely worth the drive!!! Fingers crossed I have enough yarn to make it through at least Saturday. Based on all the wonderful e-mails from everyone who is going to be there and will be stopping by to say hi (can't wait to meet you!!!), I am a little nervous that I don't have enough yarn for everyone....But, if I sell out, I have had an invitation to knit with some lurkers and I think that would be a blast too!!!
See you there!!!!

6 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger sherriknits said...

I wish so bad I was going to be there but alas...I need to run my shop. Some of my good friends are going to go, though, and I told them to come see you. :)

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is all so adorable. I should really learn to knit. Terrific stuff and wonderful colors, Darling!

Cheers!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger emicat said...

Cool, thanks for the photos. Since I didn't go to knit night yesterday, I thought I missed "show n tell" for your sample knits. Have fun for me since I can't go :(

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Soo said...

Have a great trip!

By the way my sock club yarn has arrived and it is GORGEOUS! (Apologies to anyone who missed out - I don't mean to be smug.)(Although, I kind of am a little.!)

It's lush and I can't wait to get started on the socks.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Anna said...

See you at OFFF. Can't wait to see your booth!

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Great knitted stuff!!! What was the Baby Surprise Baby Jacket knitted with?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home