A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Etsy Shopping Spree

I have never been much of a shopping spree type of person. I usually himmm and hahhh over a purchase for far too long then just not buy anything at all! Well, friday morning, I don't know what got into me, but I started poking around http://www.etsy.com/ and WOW!
I went on a little shopping spree.
The first find was these gorgeous bags by Crafty Mama Creations. The pictures showed a beautifully made product, but now that they are in my hot little hands I am blown away at the care and talent put into these bags! I can't wait to fill them up and take them to knitting tonight!


The next two finds were this fiber and these spindles. I have to say that I don't think this picture actually captures the colors in these fibers. When I opened the package of fibers made by Loop I gasped a little. Not only are the fibers absolutely gorgeous, the her talent at drum carding is exceptional....every fiber is laying so perfectly...I have never seen such amazingly custom carded fibers. WOW WOW WOW!
Then to top it all off, of course I needed some new drop spindles! These little beauties are made by Butterfly Girl. And they have soooooooooo many more, I may have to continue to add to my collection, because I am obviously buying more of this custom carded fiber! I am currently drooling over the rose quartz and cherry quartz sets!
For not being much of a shopper, I think I made up for lost time all in one sitting...and it was fun to just shop. It was even more exciting opening up each package of goodies with the anticipation of see the things in person!!!
I had so much fun etsy shopping that I went poking again and found someone that makes the most adorable custom collars for doggies and kitties. We are picking out the fabric right now for a custom order for all our critters. I can't wait to show them off when they arrive!
I am sure I am the last person on earth to shop http://www.etsy.com/ but if by some chance you haven't checked it out, I HIGHLY reccomend browsing around!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those are some wonderful lil things!

Hugs Bella!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home