A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Knitters Unite for Butter

I know I am part of one of the most unique knitting groups around
Renton Knitters (a yahoo group) are known for their high energy, friendly & welcoming attitude, occassional risque conversations! Now we can add Butter Churners to the list of qualities!!!Joanne, always ready with a new idea or thing to try out, sent me a link on how to make butter...I was very intrigued indeed! When she suggested she show me how to do it during our weekly knitting group I was enthusiastically on board!
And so the two jars went around the circle so everyone could help make the butter. Low and behold, it turned in to real live butter! With a quick trip to the nearby gas station for some crackers we all got to sample our efforts!

Yummy!!!!

Now the mind is turning...how about garlic butter, or honey butter, or cinnamon sugar butter, or chive butter, or........ the possiblities are endless!!!!

5 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger J. C. KnitNStuff said...

How about apple butter?..YUM!!!

What a unique group we do have...and you get SOOOO tickled. I'm glad you liked it.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

The butter was yummy. Thanks for sharing! I'd love some garlic or honey butter! I bet if we had asked they had honey at Starbucks.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger emicat said...

That was really good buttah!

I've had honey walnut butter on a toasted bagel that was awesome. The chive/herb butter sounds really good too..

The possibilities are endless!!!

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Macoco said...

Wow, that is really cool - I don't think any other knitting group can lay claim to that one!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Wow, I am intrigued. How did you make butter with the jar?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home