A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Monday, May 26, 2008

Now for something completely different....

It's Memorial Day weekend-first and foremost, I am so thankful to all the men and women who fight or give their lives for our freedom!
This three day weekend, I had the whole house to myself and I had all kinds of projects I wanted to do with my solo time! Here you see some batts that I spun, plied and set! The orangy one is from Joanne...who is considering making batts to sell on etsy. I think she should go for it!


Then I finished up an order for a shop and got that all packed up and ready to go
Then Liberty came by so I could show her how to make lye based soap. I prefaced this crafty event with the fact that I was no expert...I had only done it a few times and knew sorta what I was doing! I forgot to take pictures, but it was a goat's milk recipe and it seemed to go pretty well. You never know sometimes until it has cured for the 4 weeks whether or not the batch turned out. Fingers crossed!!

Then I decided to do SOMETHING with the lemon balm that is taking over a section of my yard. I cut a huge bundle of stems off and dried out the leaves. Then made an ointement for cuts and scratches. Yep, I made and ointement...how cool is that?! I have no idea how well it will work.
Then, in my quest to stock the shelves with lowfat, easy to grab snacks, I made a loaf of polenta bread. This isn't really something you would eat as it is...it's more like a pizza dough that you would pile stuff on top of.
When that took only about 3 minutes to whip up, I decided to try to make tortillas!

I do realize that these barely resemble a circular shape....but aside from their deformity, they are dang good!!!! Kinda a cross between a corn and a flour tortilla. That took 2 minutes per tortilla, so it was a snap to whip up!

I made a mexi vegi jumble to pile on top of them for dinner and I had me a fancy quesadilla!!! Yum Yum!! :)

Oh yes, and I worked on Junes Lucky Lurker Pattern...but obviously I can't show that here!!!

I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday weekend!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I love when I have the house to myself. I get so much done! Maybe I can get rid of the boy for a few days sometime soon so I can complete some of my projects...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home