A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cute little cardi

I finally got this cute little cardi on the needles! I saw the pattern and finished sweater at Renaissance Yarns and absolutely went goo-goo for it. So much so they were kind enough to take it off the manequin so I could try it on to see what size to make. This is going to one of those sweaters that I wear ALL THE TIME :)
Now, time for more natural yummy goodness.
This trail mix sort of concoction was a snap to make. It is so good AND everything is 100% natural. A great thing when we are making the switch away from commercially processed foods and all the chemicals that go into them. The flavor almost reminds me of Trix cereal as I nibble away.
So here's the recipe
Puffed Corn (found in organic isle at grocery store)
Popcorn (air popped of course)
Raisins
Dried Apricots-cut into pieces with kitchen scissors
Almonds-broken up with a hammer while in a ziplock (great for getting out aggression)
**Mix all this together in a big ole bowl**
1 Cup of Honey (this is a ball park...use enough to coat everything)
2-3 TBSP Butter (organic of course)
**On the stove, heat until runny**
Pour over mixture in the bowl,
Sprinkle Orange Zest generously (I have TONS of this from all the oranges I dehydrated)
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, stirring a couple times. I pulled it out when the popcorn started to turn golden.
VOILA!!! A yummy, healthy snack
It you try it, let me know what you think!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home