A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Our home away from home


On Thursday night we finally got the call we had been waiting 2 months for...our property was ready to sign for! WooooHooo! The camper was loaded within a few hours and we had both figured out a way to cram a whole Friday into a 'get out of town early' Friday.
Off we went...
On the way, I tried to work on the May Lurker Lurker pattern and could not, for the life of me, figure out the stitch pattern I needed to use to create the look I am going for (obviously can't share pictures) so I opted for a washcloth to continue in my 'Green' home conversion.

Did you know how horribly bad sponges are for the enviroment...not only to use, but once they get thrown out and end up in the land fill?! Holey Mackeroley...it really is a snowball, once you learn a little about the Organic or Green movement, there really is no turning back and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Next up is the cotton I dyed up last summer...I think it will make a cute selection of washclothes!!!!

Anyways, this property comes with private beach rights to a beach that has

oysters and clams as far as the eye can see!

It is absolutely incredible and we are so excited!!! We got the most amazing deal ever because the piece of property is mostly swamp, but it has just enough room for plenty of friends and family to join us for all the many camping trips to come. So if ever you are trying to find me on a weekend, this is pretty much where I will be from here on out :)

Right here at our

'Campsite Sweet Campsite'

4 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Rhonda said...

I'm so excited for you! I'm glad the deal finally came through. Your camper is so cute and I'm sure just the right size for weekend camping.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Macoco said...

Congratulations on your camp site! :)

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Congratulations! This couldn't have happened to a nicer person. It looks perfect - we too are campers (meaning a metal camper - not a tent - no thanx) and the spot look beautiful I just love the ocean air. I thought we were getting a sneak peak into the May Lucky Lurker when I saw the photo, but good for you for going green with wash cloths. I have only knit 2 - hey that would be a great Lucky Lurker club shipment - oooh! did I guess??
ha

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger emicat said...

Your vacation spot looks awesome!!

I'm ready for a knitter's retreat when you are ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home