A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Mom and Mom-in-Law- No need to get excited

I feel the need to title this entry "No need to get excited" because the last time I posted a finished project in which I was learning how to do a top down sweater (done in a baby size so I could learn the technique with out trying an entire adult sweater) I got the most bizarre phone call from my mother, asking me repeatedly if I had anything new to tell her about. I know moms can be kooky sometimes, but I am fairly certain the top down baby sweater had something to do with it.
That said, MOM AND MOM-IN-LAW...THERE IS NO BABY ON THE WAY! I am considering adding on this chunky/heavy worsted weight yarn to my line of Duet Yarns and this was just to test the yarn on a small and quick project. Believe it or not, this entire little outfit took just over 200 yards! WOW. I was told by a couple mommies in my knitting group that this is a newborn size, but still a sweater and bottom for a smidge over 200 yards is pretty dang good.
I really love the yarn so it's safe to say you will be seeing it very soon on the website.
Oh yeah and this sweater is the 5 hour quickie sweater which is SUPER quick as long as you read the directions (the stitch count is there for a reason!)
and the bottoms are Curly Purly and has ribbing instead of short rows which is something that soakers have...but I don't know much more than that, I am just telling you what the mommy in my knitting group said :)
So there ya go. A cute little outfit which means pretty yarn to come on the website :)

4 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger SeattleAmy said...

Wahoo! Can't wait for the thicker yarn! I'm almost done with the hat for the new little girl...EVERYONE loves the yarn (color, softness, etc) and they keep saying how they are going to have to get some. Having the heavier option will be even more of a motivator!

Amy

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Vanessa said...

YAY!! Then I can do a bigger BSJ for my ever growing lil boy, out of yarn by one of my most favourite-ist dyers!! Woo-hoo!! Is the yarn superwash or not? The reason I ask-superwash makes great sweaters, but not so great soakers....

Dying to see the new yarn up on the website!! (DH and the bank-maybe not so much...) : )

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Great color. Very cute baby set!

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Worsted weight yarn with a coodinating solid color are really big in the "soaker" world from trimming the waist and cuffs to embriodery!

Consider advertising at Hyena Cart when you've got the new wool weight up.
http://hyenacart.com/bannerad.php

 

Post a Comment

<< Home