A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Since I can't share knitting progress


Since I can't share my knitting progress (you can always know it's lucky lurker time when I don't show any knitting for a while) I will share what else I have been up to. I whipped out these adorable skirts in an afternoon each!!! Once I got my measurements down and the basic pattern created, the skirts are a breeze to put together and I LOVE THEM!!!! It is taking every bit of will power I've got not to run the fabric store and get fabric for more!!!!! Do you think it would be weird to wear the same skirt everyday but in a different color?! I am really torn on this question, because I want to make so many more of these!
Then, with the arrival of a little sunshine and the idea that spring is on it's way...Mr Ken and I rushed off to McClendon's Garden section and stocked up on bulbs for both the front yard and the garden. I am totally excited about planting the rhubarb!!! I can almost smell the strawberry rhubarb pie right now.




My splurge purchase was this apple tree- Check this out!!! It has 5 different apples types that will grow on it! Each main branch is a different type of apple. How cool is that?! I am sure this is a well known thing to all of you who know stuff about gardening, but to me this is a brilliant creation! WOW! I can't wait to see all these different apples all over it!

In the midst of all these little projects...Mr Ken needed to spend his Christmas gift certificate and the brand new Cabela's sporting good store which is about an hour and a half away. I don't know how many of these stores are around the US, but it was a sight to see!!!! This photo is their display right in the middle of the entire store!!! Absolutely amazing!!!! I knew we were in for a long day...but after 3 hours in the store (and the 1 1/2 hour to get there and the 1 1/2 hour trip home ahead) I finally had to drag Mr Ken out of there....and believe me, he was like a kid in a candy store-he would have happily stayed for hours more!

I have to admit the place is pretty cool...but I think I am going to encourage him to go with some of his guy friends for his next trip. I am just not as into as fishing lures as you might think!!! :)

2 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 different kinds of apples! Oo that is so awesome!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Vanessa said...

Not weird to wear the same style, different fabric every day-not when they look as good as those do!! I hardly even wear skirts (I'm more of a jeans girl!) and seeing yours makes me want to go out and buy a bunch of fabric, and sew up a pile, and switch to skirts! They look awesome!! : )

btw-speaking of jeans-my treasured skein of Jeans and A Sweater is turning very nicely into a sweet lil BSJ for my son-just hope it fits when it's done!! : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home