A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oh how I love a finished project posting in the morning!



I kitchenered the heel closed on the second sock last night and now have a finished pair of socks just for me!
These socks are made out of the Middy and, as those of you who have knit with the Middy already know, they are sooooo squishy soft!
The pattern is an 'ostrich plume' all the way up the sock...it was a simple stitch but it looks sooo cool going up the entire length of the socks.
I wanted a pair of socks that came over the point where my calf curves in (just below the knee)...I got a little impatient and figured I was already there (but still had yarn left) and cast off. Shame on me, because these lovely socks come just to the widest point on my calf! Just a few more rows and I would have had the exactly lenght I was going for!!!! Shame on ME!!!! But I love them anyways!!! :)
So there's one project finished and even better I have a SECOND finished project to post this morning!!! Yep, I finished two projects last night! :)

I finished the crochet wrap! And I LOVE IT!!! OMG...look at all these colors! (Did you know I am a color loving girl?!) So bright and happy!!!
A few of my fellow knitters from my Stitch N Bitch group now what to learn crochet because these cute rows of flowers are soooooo pretty!
This wrap is going to be perfect for grabbing something to keep warm, being snuggled up in the house, or when I need to run to the mailbox and we continue to have bizarre snow flurries in April!
The yarn for this wrap was of course Duet Sock Yarn, in the DK weight. Each skein did three complete rows, which would make it great to use up scrap after a finished pair of socks and just do one row of each color!
Oh how I do love finished project postings in the morning!!!!

3 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Great FO's! And I love the haircut!

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Alicia. The wrap is FAB and I noticed your haircut the last few days. Very cute.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I love those socks! I really like a little lace detail like that. Its not overpowering but it gives the sock a lot of character!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home