A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Instant Gratification

To say free time has been a bit difficult to come by lately would be an understatement!
That creative/crafty part of me has been SCREAMING to come out and make something...ANYTHING!!!!! So yesterday, I took ten minutes for myself and created this
What you are looking at is my 'Yarn Bracelet' creation. For a first try, I am pretty pleased with the results. There are very obvious things I will change...like the excessive quantity of bonding that looks like it is oozing off of it

But other than that, I think it's pretty cool and funky and definitely works with the 80s Flashback phase I am going through right now :)This color is Exclamation that came out a couple months ago. As soon as I perfect the bracelet I will use the coordinating heel and toe yarn for a matching bracelet! WooHoo!

Next quicky creation was this baby bonnet from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

I used the Hip Chick colorway and blended it with a Kid Seta for a bit of halo. I used the coordinating heel and toe yarn for the edging and the i-cord that still needs to be made. I am not especially pleased with this one. Firstly, I used a needle 3 sizes smaller than what was called for and it is ENORMOUS! When I redo it, I won't use the kid seta and I will drop down to a size 3 or 4 needle instead of the size 8 that is called for. Also, the pattern was amazingly confusing. After I ripping and redoing a number of rows, I figured out that the instructions could have just as easily said 'decrease every 5th knit row'. If you have the book, take a look at how it is written... (ex)repeat Row 13-20 repeat row 1 and 2, Row 21-30 repeat row 11-16-What the *&@@????? But now that I have it figured out and I won't use the kid seta in it for the redo, I think this will be an adorable little number!

5 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I really like your yarn bracelet!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

TAG! Your it! Hop over to my blog for details.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I LOVE the bracelet! Did you just wrap and glue the yarn?

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable Bonnet!

Wow! Funky bracelet my Dear! Chic'!

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was watching the Today show this morning and apparently it's not just fashions and music from the 80s that's coming back. It's the exercises too. Did you know jump-roping is exercise? I thought it was just fun. I think I'm going to get myself one of those! Love the bracelet idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home