A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Friday, June 01, 2007

June ALREADY?!


Wow!! Does time fly or WHAT?! I remember when I was a kid and a week seemed like an eternity...now, a week is only 7 very fast flying days. Hours seem like seconds and months seem like they are gone in a day! I guess, it's true what they say...Time flies when you are having fun!

I am having tons and tons of fun, so time is flying by like crazy. I have been working on lots and lots of yarn for all the shops the carry the Duet Sock Yarns. Along the way, I have been trying to figure out how to get more yarn done faster. Since I only have my two hands, the only solution my husband and I were able to come up with was to automate every step that can be automated....this is what my Mr Ken has come up with most recently

It is just about the coolest thing EVER!!!! This baby will preskein six hanks of yarn at one time! Because I have a specific loop size so I can get all the colors I want onto one skein of yarn, I used to hand wind each hank one by one. As you might guess, it took a looooooooooong time to just get the yarn ready. Now, I can wind a days worth of yarn dyeing in just one afternoon.

Then after the yarn is dyed, Mr Ken has set up the 'drying room' so I don't have to spend days waiting for all the skeins to dry. After the, the wonderful Mr Ken had created the automated reskeiner...which was also something that I did by hand. Basically, what used to take me one week to complete now takes me 2 days...all thanks to the amazing Mr Ken. Did I get lucky or what when I snagged this guy?!

Anyways, I have a batch of yarn calling my name...time to get back on it! I know I haven't posted any new colors this week....still catching up on store orders...but they are coming soon :)

Happy knitting!!!

5 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some of the coolest toys ever. I think Mr. Ken should consider selling a few. :)

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one of the coolest things I've ever seen! I agree with Kelli that I bet there's a market for them.

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree!! Other dyers will be stalking him wanting one! :)

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha LOVE THE DRILL!!!!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger LavenderSheep said...

I am an indie dyer and I would totally buy one. Please let me know when he has one for sale!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home