A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Denver

Last night we said goodbye to Denver aka Fatso.The day started out as any other normal day...Denver and Karma (the big ole black lab) cuddling in the bedroom unitl late in the morning.Then, when Ken got home we heard a very pained meow from Denver. The trooper that she is, we knew something was terribly wrong for her to be making this sound. To the vet Ken went to get his kitty fixed up.We had no idea what would happen next. Denver had heart failure and very suddenly, she was gone. Denver was about 15 years old and was able to keep all the dogs in check...she had the labs trained to cuddle and clean her and let her have the doggy bed when ever she wanted it. She was a great kitty, she did her own thing and made an appearance when she wanted some attention. She will be missed!!!!

13 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Christa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. It is always hard to lose a beloved pet.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger CrazyFiberLady said...

Angela, my condolences on the loss of your cat. It is never easy to lose them.

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so, so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger knittingnurse said...

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your Denver. Hugs to you!

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela, My heart goes out to you and Ken for the loss of Denver.

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Denver's passing. One of my beloved cats died in April and I miss her every day. There's just no easy way to say good-bye to those precious furry children.
Sending good vibes your way!

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. There is just something heartbreaking when you lose them.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet kitty. It's so hard to lose a loved furbaby.

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll miss you, Denver. Hope the great kitty beyond had a lot of labs that you can train to do your bidding.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger emicat said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Denver. My thoughts are with you.

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of Denver. I lost a cat to sudden heart failure in 2004 and know how hard it can be. Hang in there.

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sweetie I am so sorry. It is so hard to lose someone you love! Hugs and Love!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Macoco said...

I am so sorry about Denver!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home