A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Monday, March 05, 2007

Sewing Expo!!!!

Over the weekend I got the oppurtunity to go to the Sewing Expo. The Wooly Thread carries all kinds of wool items and that's how they found me...she carries my dyed fibers for spinning, needle felting and other various applications! That said, she asked that I come to demonstrate the drop spindle in her booth!!
When I walked into the Expo my jaw literally dropped! It was absolutely incredible the hundreds of booths, the fabric as far as the eye could see, the gorgeous quilts, the beautiful wall hangings, the amazing hand crafted dolls and so so so much more!
Of course I bought something, but I did pat myself on the back for the restraint I used. I got this skirt book last month and have been so eager to make the double layered skirt in it...so I got the fabric for it while I was at the Expo. Pink and lime green colorways- true to my pink and lime green devotion!! I love this fabric! So Pretty!!!!! I will enjoy just looking at it until I do have time to make the skirt! It sounds like a quick project though, two seams per skirt and an elastic waistband...that's a rainy Sunday project :)

2 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those colors together. And I Love the yarn shipment I received today--Turquoise Tranquility and Flashback. Flashback is supposed to be for my sister, but we'll see...I may have to order more! Tricia

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

Love the fabric! I put the book on my Amazon wishlist -- let's see if my husband thinks of it for my b-day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home