A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Thursday, November 30, 2006

A new puppy under the Christmas tree


It's that time of year when people want to get that perfect gift for the family...
they think, "what's better than a cute new puppy under a Christmas tree?! "
So just a quick reminder when considering adding a puppy to the family....

If you get a new puppy this year please, please, please get it from anywhere but a petstore.....better yet, get a leash, a bowl, a ball and a bag of dog food as a gift under the tree and take the whole family to the shelter to pick out their new pet family member together.

Happy holidays from all my critters to yours!

5 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice Angi! I applaud this posting, and I totally agree with you. There are lots of really wonderful dogs in shelters that need a great home.

~Sabbath~

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Hey, I agree with you too. I'm getting (my might-as-well-be-my husband) Will a puppy this year. A purebred Brittany from a friend who used to breed the occassional litter. This one was a bit unintentional (the female was supposedly spayed by a previous owner before being rescued by my friend), but well timed for me.

A lovely hunting companion for Will and a bundle of fun for me!

(And I boycott the pet stores because no reputable rabbit breeder would sell their animals to a pet store either.)

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Bumbershootska said...

Thank you so much for reminding everyone about this issue. Shelters are 'over-stocked' every month of the year; what's better than adopting a friend who really needs you?
Let's put puppy mills out of business for good!!!!
Good one, Girl!

Tara

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

I totally agree. This is the complete wrong time for a new puppy....it's such a shame most people really don't think it through!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger cindi said...

2 paws up! Say no to pet stores that sell animals...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home