A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

More booties



OK, so those other booties were sooooooo fun to make and so cute (would be even cuter with embellishments) I had to make more.
Off to the fabric store to get a few supplies. Now, you should know that I do not allow myself to go into a fabric store unless I really really really need something...admittedly, I have very little willpower around craft supplies! That said, I am very proud of myself for leaving with only 6" of this floral fabric and one other fabric, the ric rac, the fabric glue, and a 1/2 yard of wool felt (with my 40% off coupon). So disregarding the fact that I have absolutely no need for baby booties, I left there with only things I 'needed'. :P
I pulled out the dusty sewing machine (the poor thing probably thought I forgot it even existed) and threaded it up!
These buggers were not nearly as easy as I imagined they would be to make...turns out little bitty things are quite difficult to work with...but all in all I think they are pretty cute :)

1 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Those booties are so adorable. Very Japanese looking. Did you sew the fabric over the ones you made from the felted fabric?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home