A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Monday, June 22, 2009

I L-O-V-E hats!!!!!

I am a hat person! Everyone who knows me has seen me in all kinds of hats. Baseball caps, country cottage hats, knitted beanies, berets, ear-flap hats, bandanas, ANYTHING! I love 'em!
Well, this hat sky-rocketted to the top of my list! I started it on a Friday and finished on Wednesday and my poor wrists were not happy about the constant knitting!
This thing is soooo cool. You knit it flat and sideways! So your row is the brim to the crown and back. There are short rows for the decrease in the crown and the band around your head is super cool too!
I have already cast on my next one! Duet Yarns of course and I am doing it double stranded. It's going to be sooo pretty!!!
A commentor was kind enough to pass on this amazing info!!!!
Just some info. you might want to know:I did some internet searching and found that the hat book can be downloaded in pdf format for £11.50 (or about $22.00 US dollars) directly from the author: http://www.woollywormhead.com/going-straight/The author also is selling some patterns from the book for $5.00 each through patternfish - and I think the pattern you used is one of them.PS: the hat looks great on you!!

5 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger emicat said...

That's such a cute hat and it looks great on you!

The way you knit that sounds pretty interesting too. Bring that to knit nite (and hopefully I can make it)!

Emiko

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Karen said...

What pattern is it? After camping a few weekends ago and living in a baseball cap, my head and ears complained they'd like something a bit toatier!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Angela said...

It's this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Going-Straight-Generation-Knitted-Hats/dp/0955620694/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245767419&sr=1-1
And I totally reccomend it! Funky cute patterns in there. Yeah, it's from the UK and there is extra shipping...but totally worth it! They make this book too http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stitch-Time-Knitting-Patterns-1920-1949/dp/0955620627/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245767551&sr=1-1
I ordered direct from the publisher and ordered both at the same time to make the shipping worth while. Both are fantastic books!

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous HappyMe2 said...

Ange,
Just some info. you might want to know:
I did some internet searching and found that the hat book can be downloaded in pdf format for £11.50 (or about $22.00 US dollars) directly from the author: http://www.woollywormhead.com/going-straight/

The author also is selling some patterns from the book for $5.00 each through patternfish - and I think the pattern you used is one of them.

PS: the hat looks great on you!!

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love it. Beatiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home