A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Thursday, April 30, 2009

The chickens get some weeds


I have had a number of requests for a 'chicken' update. This is my first video on my blog, so I hope it works....This is the chickens getting their favorite morning snack; a big ole pile of weeds!!!!! They are so much fun to watch-which I never would have guessed when we decided to add them to our back yard. The funniest bit of it is when one chicken will take a leaf or something out of the big ole pile and run away. The rest of the chickens go chancing after as if that is the very best piece in the whole pile. Never mind the remaining mound of other weeds they can have :)

They have their chicken run now too, so when the chase is on it's even more entertaining to watch them run through both areas!

We are sooooo digging having chickens. I only wish we had done it sooner! Can't wait for the eggs that will begin in about 8 weeks or so. That is just an added bonus to all the entertainment they are already giving us :)


1 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Your chickens are really pretty. Not what I expected at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home