A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Where's the YARN?!

I took a bit of an unannounced hiatus from yarn dyeing because we had some plumbing issues in the house that originally were only going to take a weekend to get fixed.
As the project got underway improvements and upgrades were added which also added a bit more time to the project.
As a result of these upgrades and improvements, I am now fully operational in my own yarn dyeing studio out in the garage!!!!


It may not look all that exciting at first glance, but that is a gas stove in the corner, a utility sized sink with cold and ultra hot water plumbed to it, and a work surface sooooo big that I can't even imagine using the entire thing.

All this in the same area that I currently prep the yarn in.

Seriously, everything is now in one place...OK, not everything-finished yarn still has the safety of a closed off room in the house and I don't forsee changing that-BUT STILL, how super fabulous is this?!

I have already been twirling around ideas for the first batch scheduled to be dyed tomorrow and ideas about all the other projects I can now work on with out having to clean everything up in order to make dinner.

This is a yarn dyers dream come true- at least this yarn dyers dream :)

Wish me luck getting everything hooked up and organized today...I have lots of supplies to move out of the kitchen :)

3 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Yipee! And I can't believe that you made all those skeins of yarn for LL in your kitchen. Yikes!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Onica said...

Ooooooh. FUN! Your a lucky girl!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger SeattleAmy said...

nice!! Like the addition to the chicken house too!

Can't wait to see it in person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home