A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Getting Crazy with the Dyes

Thanks to the wonderful persistance of the Lurkers over on Ravelry that desperately wanted some Semi-Solid Duet Yarn, I have been really getting crazy with this new technique and I am having a ball!At first is was difficult for me to leave well enough alone because I am do love my varying color combinations......

But then, I started to really get into the subtle color changes of the same tones....

And then, I will add just a splash of another color for a completely different look....
And then, I just get crazy with the dyes and create some of the coolest effects on the yarn!
I am really having fun with this and you can expect to see lots more to come!!!
Check out what I just added over at A Swell Yarn Shop!

3 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I absolutely love your new solid-ish colors! I am so glad I got Labyrinth - it may be my favorite Duet ever. :)

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Angela said...

THAT ONE IS MY FAVORITE TOO!!! :)

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger emicat said...

Hi Angi! I nominated you for a blog award! check out my blog for details :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home