A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Monday, January 26, 2009

Deliciousness to go

Lately I have been trying to avoid processed (prepared/boxed) food.
One of my favorite snacks is granola bars so I wanted to see if I could come up with a granola bar of my very own.
Let me tell you what...not only did I come up with my own granola bar, but this granola bar blows all other commercial granola bars out of the water. They are an easy grab and go snack and they make you feel full for a good couple hours because the ingredients are things that your body can actually process and use. AND you don't even have to bake 'em!
I can't say enough about how flippin' good these little hunks of heaven are...so I will have to give you the recipe so you can try it yourself.
This recipe can be cut in half if you want to start small...but I warn you, they will go quickly :)
In a Large Bowl put
2 Cups Peanut Butter (I use Adams)
2 Cups Honey (I use a local Honey Farm's honey)
In a different Large Bowl put
3 Cups Old Fashion Oats
2 Cups All Bran Cereal
1 Cup Wheat Germ (this adds the tons to the fabulous flavor)
1 Cup Crushed Walnuts
2 Cups Craisins
1/2 Cup Ground Flax Seed (must be ground)
Put the Honey and Peanut Butter bowl in the microwave for about 2 minutes-enough to be able to easily mix it.
Stir the dry stuff.
Pour the dry stuff into the honey and peanut butter mixture and mix really well. Mix until it starts to clump. If you don't get clumping (because different honey has different thicknesses) or you want it sweeter, add more honey.
Once thouroughly mixed, press into a cake pan (if not non-stick, oil or spray lightly).
Cut it now into squares now.
Put it into the fridge and it will firm up and it will then be ready to eat.
That's it!!!! You can make this in about 15 minutes total!!!!!!!!
Enjoy :)

3 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger emicat said...

I can't wait to try this! I'm holding off until I know more about the peanut butter recall. I know they said it's not affecting commercial brands, but I just want to be sure.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Yeah! That's why I use natural or local products! Just safer all around!

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great recipe!! I will try it soon! Looking forward to getting the new Trader Joes here in downtown Redmond! I eat a lot or organic as well:)

Denise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home