A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Fun Craftiness

Well, I have bit the bullet and I started my first ever top down sweater! Amazingly, I have been too intimidated to attempt a top down sweater before now. Now that I have gotten as far as I have, I can't believe I was intimidated by it (isn't that always the way a techinque is? "oh my gosh, that's way too hard for me" turns into "that was easy, what was I thinking?!")
This is a little baby sweater. I figured I would start small for my first try. After a bit of frogging from not understanding the directions correctly, I am glad I did because had this been an adult size and I had to rip back as far as I did I would have given up on the sweater entirely!
Once I have mastered the top down in the chuncky yarn, I already have visions of a top down in the Duet Original! How cute would that be?!!!!!!!!


Then, while the Seahawks battled Greenbay, I had a fun crafty day with the girls and made some adorable little magnets!!! Oh they are so cute and a snap to make! I LOVE instant gratification and this was a great project for that! Punch, glue paper, glue magnet and VIOLA! There were gorgeous magnets made by some of the other gals too...some even adorned with sparkly gems! Oh la la :)
I love having crafty weekends...it really recharges my batteries if you know what I mean!

2 Comments:

At 3:11 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Can't wait to see the sweater when it is finished, the yarn looks divine. What is it?

Those magnets look great!

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely yarn, what is it? I look forward to seeing the sweater progress.
You need a fearless knitter badge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home