A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Have you heard of partylite?

Well, I had heard of it, but beyond that I was pretty much out of the loop.
A friend of ours who had lost her job due to the rapid fall out in the real estate world, decided she was going to venture out into the world of selp-employment through partylite.
Always eager to help any one follow a dream I agreed to host her first partylite party.
Low and behold everyone who came already knew all about this stuff and I was the newby to it.
It turns out that I have lived all these years and never knew that I needed so many candles :) This photo is the tip of the iceberg (one of the joys of being a host is you get lots of free stuff). I now have sconces, votives, and pillars galore. I have tea-lights and room scents and body butter too!
Not being much of a knick knack person to begin with the idea of having candles all around wasn't one I was diving right into, but now with a few candles here and there, I have to say there is something very warm and inviting about the glow of a candle. And they smell good too!!!

3 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger sharon said...

funny you should mention that - I have votives galore from a party that was 5+ years ago and they are in my china cabinet, gently cleansing the air. I love the smell

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger sherriknits said...

They are some of the best candles I've ever had. My sister-in-law used to sell them and I got lots and lot from a party I had.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Jane said...

love those candles. They burn so nicely without much waste.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home