A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Monday, October 15, 2007

Play Time


This weekend was so much fun! I tend to be a bit of a workaholic (so easy to do when you love your job and your job is yarn!), but this weekend I set aside all of my to-do*s and played.
First up was playing with dyeing plant fibers....I've got the dyeing animal fibers thing down, but I haven't spent anytime with cottons. To be perfectly honest, I read the directions and everything seemed so exact that it intimidated me. Thankfully Sabbath and Koleen were already comfortable with Procion dyes and were kind enough to walk me through the experience...and show off their amazingly cute baby clothes they had tie-dyed (should have gotten a picture, they were adorable!).
I started with a variety of bamboo and cotton
The Sabbath helped me with the preperations, then mixed the dyes with me and away I went with the squirt bottles.

I loved the non-bleedingness of this stuff. Mind you, I was a bit impatient and didn't let the thickener dissolve completely and had little jelly balls all over everything, but it still turned out great!

Then the wait begins! 24 hours of waiting to be exact. Ugh. Then, 23 hours later (yes, I am impatient) I rinsed it out and Viola!

Pretty Cool, HUH?!

During all that wait time, I did something I haven't done in a looooooong time! I pulled out the crochet hook. I have been itching to make a wrap for a long time and figured since I was already goofing off this weekend, I might as well go allllllll out and whip out the crochet hook!

The great thing about crochet is how flippin' quick you can whip something out! I polished off a skein of Original Duet Sock Yarn in two days!!!! WOW! The color above is Chantily Lace.

What a fun weekend! Fun projects and fun people! Can't ask for much more than that in a weekend :)

3 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Macoco said...

Oooooh great looking yarn!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The yarn looks fabulous and just like Ikat!

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very impressed as usual with your swell talents Ms Angi :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home