A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Saturday, April 14, 2007

A Yarn Shortage?!


Have you heard the rumors about the yarn shortage? Actually, to be exact, it's a sock yarn shortage.... Well, the rumors are true! Mills have actually run out of undyed sock weight yarns everywhere!!! AAAAAaaaaahhhh!!!
Sadly, this will impact the batches that get posted in the next couple weeks...At this point I am treating the yarn I do have like gold. My suggestion to you, those who are reading this blog, consider yourselves to now have the inside scoop and be ready to grab what you can when I do post new yarns because there may not be enough to go around.
There are still a few colors available from the last batch...and if you were considering snagging them, I would suggest not waiting too long. It's hard to say how much will be available in the next few weeks!!!
Good luck and Happy knitting!!!!

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given the yarn shortage and a recent post on Sheri's blog that your yarns would be available at the Loopy Ewe, I'm glad to have my very small stash of Duet Sock Yarn! ;) A belated congratulations on being able to turn aswellyarnshop into a full-time business!

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nooooo.. not the sock yarn! ANYTHING but this!

Sigh.

Hopefully this shortage will recover soon and I'll get my Jeans and a Sweater skein(s)!! LOL!

Hoping you are having a great weekend!!

Happy (sock) Knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home