A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Can you tell I like pink green and brown?

Yep, I finished another pair of socks...ok, they were actually finished about a month ago but I never got around to weaving in the ends, then I never got around to taking a picture. Geesh!!



As I was taking the picture I realized how perfectly they match the fabric I got for the skirt I will one day make. Can you tell I REALLY like pink, green and brown? It's EVERYWHERE :) The sock colorway is Hip Chick...no, there isn't any in stock right now, but if you like it just drop me a note and I will try to get in on an upcoming batch of yarns :)


Also, over the weekend, we had a BBQ to celebrate the fact that I am now a full time yarn dyeing fool!!! That's right! My day job is now coming up with great colors of yarns and keeping all the yarn shops stocked up with them. There to celebrate were the ladies of Renaissance Yarns which was the very first shop to ever carry A Swell Yarn Shop Duet Sock Yarns!!! It all started with a little note I included with an order they placed and Renaissance's commitment to supporting their community. As you know the number of shops has since grown to include Pick Up Sticks, The Yarn Grove, and very soon The Loopy Ewe.


I know that even with all these shops carrying the yarn it's still can be tough to get your hands on the Duet Sock Yarns. But at least now I will be doing this full time instead of nights, weekends and when I really should be in bed asleep!! :)


A super big thank you to all the shops that carry these yarns, my husband that helps make it possible to even come close to keeping up with all the orders, and my yarn skeiner Liberty who makes it so I have time to actually dye more yarn !!! I wouldn't be here with out all of you!!!!!! And another big thank you to everyone of you who loves these yarns! I so love getting the pictures of the finished socks and reading the comments you add with your orders!!


Happy knitting everyone!!!!!


PS. Did you notice the new 'do in the picture? I don't think my hair looks string at all...

4 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger knittingnurse said...

Yeah for you! Congratulations on the accomplishment.

Woo hoo!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Almond Tea said...

Congratulations Angela. I'm very excited for you! Best of luck on your new career.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Macoco said...

Congratulations! That's such exciting news.

Your hair looks fabulous!! Not stringy at all.

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yayyyyy YOU!

You look very pretty btw.. oh.. and nice socks!! I'm going to be finishing up my Hip Chic socks in the next week.. I have too many WIPs going on! The next pair of Duet's will be the Lizard I think.. for DH!

Thanks for all that you do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home