A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Friday, April 06, 2007

Lizard Rock

Has this ever happend to you?!
I decided it was time to get an update on my hairdo...since I have had the same hairstyle for about 10 years. Not because I have wanted to have the same hair style, but because hairstylists won't give me the hair cut I ask for.
The conversation always goes something like this
me: "here are 5 pictures of EXACTLY the haircut I want" (keeping in mind, they are pictures with similar type hair as me...I have bone straight hair so I take in pictures of straight hair)
hairstylist: "hmmm...we can't do that without cutting alot of length off your hair" (keeping in mind the picture is my exact length of hair and managed to have hairstyle I want)
me: "well, can we try to do some of the layers it has on the top"
hairstylist: "you will end up with stringy hair"
me: (I look at the picture and indeed the style has stringy hair (in a good way) and I still want the hairstyle)
So, I sit back quietly and let them give me the exact same haircut I have had for 10 years.
Well, yesterday went a little differently...
I actually went in for a perm (which I haven't had in almost 20 years) and haircut (figured this would through a new factor into the whole hairstyle issue). While she permed my hair I made some SERIOUS progress on my sugar's socks (my sugar is my hubby Ken). The color is Lizard Rock and it is his first pair of knitted socks EVER. When his buddies started asking me to make them socks, he decided it would be alright for me to make him a pair first :)
Anyways...so I am knitting and knitting and knitting and the hairstylist is perming.
Then we get to the haircut, and once again she has given me a handful of reasons I can't have the haircut I want....
then she realizes she can't comb through my hair and a haircut will have to wait.
I say OK and go home and tell Ken that yet another hairstylist won't give me the haircut I want...so I think this over until today and came up with the perfect solution....
This morning after my shower, I grabbed the hair scissors and gave myself the dang haircut that no hairstylist would do. And I LOVE IT!!!!!
My hair was in a pony tail today because I was painting yarn...but I will post a picture soon
And to all those hairstylists out there who wouldn't do it for me......
I was able to do it without cutting any length and I like stringy hair :)
Have a great weekend everyone!!!

5 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot tell you how many times I have done the same with a little more unfortunate result!
You helped me the other day alot with the site promblem thanks for that. I have started a pair of socks in your yarn, Angela my word it is wonderful! (posted on my site)
I love the lizard pair.
Congrats on the new hair cut!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Happens. Every. Time.

All that build up and no picture?!?!?

Glad you now have the haircut you have wanted all along.

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad things worked out for you in the end! If you ever want to try to find a new stylist who listens to what you want and knows how to make things work for your hair, call Michelle at Salon Zaffa. Yes, it's in Seattle, but well worth the trip. ;) I "strayed" from her for a bit due to transportation issues, but am so glad I went back.

I can't remember if I ever commented on how lovely the periwinkle semi-solid is. Gorgeous!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger knittingnurse said...

Why is that? You would think that a TRAINED hairstylist would be able to give you the style you want, right? WRONG!

Sigh.

Love the socks though!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Macoco said...

Your socks look great. No picture of the haircut???? Glad you finally have the style you've wanted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home