A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Like there's no tomorrow!

My oh My, I have been dying roving and making spindles like there is no tomorrow and I still keep selling out! I promise that there will be some inventory on the website by the end of the weekend!
Between the Redmond Saturday Market and the Renton Stitchers I have sold almost completely out of all the spindles and the rovings each Wednesday and Saturday. Last Wednesday at Renton Stitchers we spent the evening spinning with the new drop spindles...we got some strange looks from those coming in for coffee. It was fun and everyone caught on so quick too!
In the midst of all the roving dying and spindle sanding and finishing, it was Jaime's (Ken's sister) B-day. While at the birthday BBQ on Saturday, Jaime mentioned that she wanted to go to the Mariner's game on Sunday....that was until she found out they were playing in Anahiem, CA. Well a friend of her's piped up and said if you wanna go I will send you there....an hour later we had tickets for the flight and game for the next day! So, with 3 hours or less of sleep each, we headed to California on Sunday to watch the Mariner's kick Angel butt!!!!! It was a blast! Here photos from our trip!
Here is a photo of the little baby sock I was working on during the flight to CA.

4 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

HEY! You didn't tell me you started a group in Renton! No wonder we never see you in Bellevue.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Monique said...

Insaine! but awesome!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are such a pusher, OMG! I don't know if I will be there tomorrow...I guess I will have to wait to get my fix. ;-)

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

That's great! Business is booming! :) I love the pink/green yarn - bright and preppy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home