A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Friday, April 07, 2006

New and Found


Wow, look at me go! Two posts in the same week...that means I have actually had a little knitting time and I am doing the happy dance about that right now :)
Well, I have great news!!! I just got my acceptance letter from a farmer's market I applied to get into!!! I am very very excited about this. I did the farmer's market for 3 years, then took the last couple summers off to play a little. I have missed it very much since then. I decided to get back into it and I was shocked to learn there were only 10 spots available and more than 40 people applying...I was on pins and needles until I found out yesterday that I am officially in!!! WoooooooHoooooo!

In other knitting news, I whipped out this squiggle scarf in a couple days using Sleeping Dragon sock yarns. I am always looking for a way to add a dash of color or creative to an outfit in the morning, but those big ole scarfs just don't cut in the spring and summer. I think I am going to have to pop out a couple more:)
Then, eagerly aticipating learning two-up socks from
Liberty on Wednesday I dug out a pair of socks I started over a year ago and never finished. They were the socks that were one of the casualties of a piece of fruit forgotten in my knitting bag. I had set them aside to avoid the grossness left behind by the old piece of fruit and sorta forgot about them. Well, I was so excited when I found them last night...I only have about 5 more rows that the socks are done!!! I was so shocked that I had put down a project so dang close to the end. So now I will have a new shiney pair of socks by tonight and I will get to learn how to make toe-up in just a few days....I am on a sock roll :)
Have a great weekend!!

3 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That springy scarf is so cute! A perfect accessory for this time of year.

Congrats on getting into the farmer's market! Only ten spots? Why so small? Or is it that there were only ten vacant spots, and all the other were carryovers from the previous year?

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I'm going to try again, my first comment didn't seem to make it. The scarf colours are absolutely gorgeous, I'm going to have to look into that yarn.
Li

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I'm not having great luck with posting messages tonight. I left a comment on your shop's site and when I pressed send, it didn't appear to go through, so I'll leave it here, too:

I was the one who just left the comment on your blog. After I left it I realized where you got the yarn ;-)

So, do you ship to Canada? Is it still free over $30? If I order one skein how much would the shipping be? We get charged customs fees if the item is over $20.

I'm an American living in Canada and we get down to our place in B'Ham from time to time. If the shipping is prohibitive I can wait and have it sent there sometime in the future.

Nice to have "met" you,
Li

 

Post a Comment

<< Home