A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A little knitting

Well, I am happy to say, I did get those socks finished up on Friday! And they fit perfectly- which is a bonus!!! With yarn to spare I thought I would try to knit up some little baby socks. Here is the design I came up with. They have little cables running up them :)

In addition to all the errands we needed to run over the weekend we also made some serious progress on the yard and garden. I am very excited to share these pictures of the first blooms coming up on my cherry blossom tree and

hyacinths. These are my first plants that I have ever had in a yard!

I also decided it was time to get my seedlings out of the kitchen and into the yard. Now keep in mind, this is my first time ever doing any of this. I have to admit, there was some swearing and a few seedlings didn't make it! Ken came out to give me a lesson on how to 'delicately' plant seedlings. The process went much better after that. They look a little ragged here, but they will soon pop up and be something...if only I remembered what it was that I planted. Well at least it will be a fun suprise :)

2 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those baby socks are darling! What a good use of leftover sock yarn. I will have to try that.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your socks are too cute, and your garden is looking fabulous! Maybe you can give me some pointers when I have a yard again.

I have a question, I am going back to B'ham tomorrow to retrieve my daughter - so what bagel would you recommend from the Bagelry?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home