A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Check out my new toy!!!

Yep! I have officially gone nutty for spinning. I found this Louet Spinning Wheel on Craigslist and got a smoking good deal!!!!
Last night I worked my little patooty off to do all my 'to-do's' around the house that I haven't had time for, all with the dangling carrot of...."if I get this all done, I get to play with the spinning wheel" Well I got (most of) it done and started playing with the wheel.
They were a new words used that contained @%## and *@@&*, but after a bit I got the general hang of it. I was actually brave enough to try spinning some 'real' (as opposed to practice)roving. It's actually looking pretty good! Now I can't wait to do a bit more tonight!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Dropstitchknitter said...

Congratulations - looks like you found a great wheel!!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Wow! Congrats! I am totally jealous. I have tried spinning on a drop spindle, but can not get the hang of it. I am drooling for a spinning wheel, but I don't have a lot of space in my condo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home