A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Thursday, June 22, 2006

All Spun!!!

Check it out!!! I got all the roving spun into yarn!!! I ended up with almost 500 yards and the sense of accomplishment as I plied the last yard was great!!!! I am really happy with how it turned out and I can't wait to get started on the next batch.....I think I might be becoming spinning obsessed. :)
Next step...start my first ever knitting project using yarn spun by moi!!!!

It's going to be a 'feathers and fan' wrap/scarf so I cast on 200 stitches so I will be knitting it lengthwise. Hard to tell from the picture, but there are 2 shades of cream and one shade of pink and of course the handspun yarn!!! I am really really liking how it is turning out so far and how quickly I can make visual progress!!!

Also, I wanted to share the photo of the little baby sock I knitted up for a display for the Redmond Saturday Market booth.

3 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow - you are moving on the scarf/wrap. it looks great!!!
can't wait to see it finished. =)

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

It looks so pretty already.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Nice handspun! It looks beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home