A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Friday, July 04, 2008

This round of Lucky Lurker

By now, everyone has recieved their June installment of the Lucky Lurker Club! I am kinda excited about this one because it's the first of it's kind that I have ever designed and I love that it's something you can make with sock weight yarn that isn't socks!

I am sure, like many of you out there, I have an over abundance of sock weight yarns. I do love knitting socks, I have 2 pair on the needles right now, but to keep things interesting I like to add different projects into the mix so I don't get burnt out on the socks. This one was a BLAST! So quick and easy to knit...now I find myself thinking, "Oh that yarn would make a pretty pair of undies!!"

I hope everyone loved the fresh idea for sock weight yarn too!

Since I forgot to share May's installment of the Lucky Lurker Club, here is the pattern that was included in May. It's Mermaiden Tale. I created a stitch repetition that would sorta duplicate scales then the waviness for a mermaid tale. It was pretty fun to have a theme for the stitches that I used. Knowing I wanted an aquatic feel to it put a new spin on designing it!
The response was overwhelming for this colorway too! Lots of Blue Lovers out there!!!!
I hope all you Lucky Lurkers are having as much fun as I am this round!!!
Stay tuned for July's installment!!!

5 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the socks and cool undies. Very pretty colours. I'm not sure about wearing knitted undies though.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger emicat said...

I really really really love that mermaiden tale pattern and the colours are just too gorgeous!

Those undies are too cute too.

It's just too bad I wasn't in this round :(

 
At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance the pattern for those their skivvies will be sold at a later date? Those are just toooooo cool!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I agree with Jes, I'd love to get the pattern for those panties. They're awesome and I have a few yarns in mind that might just work!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Angela said...

The pattern will be available near the end of the next round of the Lucky Lurker Club :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home