A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Friday, January 18, 2008

I am on a ROLL!!!

For 2008 I made myself a resolution...Along with usual resolutions; exercise more, eat better, etc for 2008 I am going to knit 4 of 7 days a week! May seem like an odd resolution since I am sure there are a few compulsive knitters out there (you know who you are) that knit 8 of 7 days a week that may have had to resolve to 'put the needles down! from time to time'. Me, on the other hand, I have found out I am a smidge of a workaholic...But you would be too if your job was dyeing yarn!!!!!!!!
At the very beginning of the year I looked at all my knitting bags (I have a bag for each project) and wondered why in the world I have so many unfinished projects. I am a great starter of projects, but I am pretty good about getting a project done...Then I realized I was working about 12-14 hours a day, about 6 days a week and I was barely knitting ever!!!
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!
So I made a resolution right there! I will knit 4 days a week and I will finish the projects I have going! As you can see from last posts, I have been doing far more knitting than usual and it's been GREAT! So check out one of the projects I am finishing up!!!These are (obviously) Duet Socks in Middy. The colorway is Mod Chic from a few uploads ago. Pink and green, my absolute favorite colors in the whole world...I was so happy when there was an oops in this colorway, because I let myself keep the oops to knit with!!!
These are going to be such comfy socks!!!

3 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Come on Angela, are there really any oops. I have yet to see a colorway I don't like. For Pete's sake you even have me liking YELLOW and I look jaunticed in yellow. The Mod Chicks socks are coming out really pretty - is it a pattern you made up??

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oo Those are such lovely lil socks!

Talent Girl. True Talent!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger sharon said...

looks lovely.
Just wanted to let you know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Glitten and the yarn and wish I could find some free needles!!!!!!!
WOW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home