A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Thursday, July 26, 2007

A heart wrenching week!


I know I haven't posted any new colors of yarn this week. I will try to get that loaded today....
This week has been a very heart breaking one!
Dango is not doing well. By Sunday we noticed that she more mellow than her brother. By Monday Ken and I were trying to figure out if that was simply her personality. By Tuesday she just seemed lethargic-Maquiri was tackling her and she would not respond and barely interested in food. By Tuesday afternoon, I didn't care if this was her personality, if she was just mellow or any other explaination, I wanted a Vet to tell me she was OK.
She was not OK. They pumped her with fluids and sent me with antibiotics for the week, I began nursing her trying to get her to eat ANYTHING and drink SOME water. The vet did not know what was wrong.
Wednesday, she couldn't make it to the water dish without falling. Back to the Vet's! More fluids and some force feeding and sent home with syringes to do the same. Still, no idea what is wrong.
Today is Thursday. Still no improvement. I see another trip to the Vet's in my very near future. Surrounded with heating pads to raise her below normal body temperature she simply lays there lethargic.
I am doing everything I can to get her to eat, drink and stay warm and poor Maquiri just wants to play with his sister.
We are hoping for the very best for this sweet little thing!!!!

11 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Miss Dango! Best wishes for you.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Lady Katryna said...

My best to the little kitten. Could she have eaten any of your yarn? That can be very bad and make a kitten sick.

I hope she gets better soon.

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Sweet little Dango my prayers are with you.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. I got mine from a shelter eight years ago and they had respiratory infections for the first 6 months. Luckily with care and medicine they both made it through. I'll be thinking of your little girl.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Dani said...

sending tender loving kittie comfort to Miss Dango, along with some extra for her loving mom. Keeping you all in my thoughts!

-=Dani

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh no! Sending good healthy kiitten vibes from the Craftylilly's (all two feet, and four feet members.)

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger monica said...

I'm sending lots of healing thoughts for Dango. Poor baby.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope she'll be ok! thank goodness she found her way to you, and you're doing all you can to care for her.

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending positive thoughts to all of you and get well wishes to Dango. Hope she feels much better soon.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Vanessa said...

Oh, ((Hugs)) Angela!! I'm so sad to hear this-she's such a pretty girl. Did your vet send you home with a nutritional supplement to help her get thru this? I believe the name is something like "nutrimalt". Mega energy and vitamins-and critters seem to think it tastes good. Also-do you have pedialyte, or did the vet send you home with the equivalent? Instead of water, let her lick drops of that from a syringe. Is she vomiting, or does she have discharge of any sort? I volunteer for a no kill cat shelter here, (the Hervey Foundation for Cats www.herveycats.com ) and these are just a couple of the tricks we use.
Sending prayers for your sweet lil girl!!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Kim in Oregon said...

Cody is sending her lots of puppy smiles and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home