A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Monday, November 13, 2006

Baby booties

So I didn't get the socks done. Mainly because, after so much sock knitting, I found that I have a very uncomfortably sharp pain in my right wrist. Not sure what's going on there, but I figure if I leave it alone for a bit it will go away.
Instead of knitting, I tried felting. It was SO MUCH FUN!!!! I started off with some CVM fiber-just plain fiber. Then layered it. Added hot water and soap and rubbed the heck out of it and when I thought I was done I rubbed some more. I should have taken pictures along the way, but I really had no idea what I was doing.
It created this super soft (CVM is GREAT stuff) sheet of felt. Then I cut out a booty pattern (don't get excited moms and moms-in-law, I did a booty because it was a good, small first project...no other reason. sorry :P) and hand stitched it together as well as around the edges in a pink thread.
They turned out so darn cute I can't wait to do more!!!! Now, inspired by felt I have been searching for great books with great ideas for inspiration for more projects, but have come up very short....there just isn't much out there on the subject. I found this book available only in the UKwhich looks great-I ordered it and paid a pretty penny for the shipping but it looks as though it will be worth it!

2 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those are too cute! Bring them for show and tell tomorrow or wednesday.

What did you name your new babies? Another 'P' name? They are so beautiful!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home