A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival


Over the weekend I was in the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival and what an experience that was!!!
I loaded up the camper (and it was FULLY loaded) with all of the commercial labeled yarns as well as the Sleeping Dragon, Swell Yarns, and Swell Rovings.
I had no idea what to expect and I was totally impressed with the entire show!!! So many vendors it was incredible. A huge turn out of shoppers who were some of the nicest people you could hope to meet. The most perfect weather a person could ask for. The variety of workshops, that I would actually want to take, was impressive. The fleece sales were fun and a great oppurtunity to learn a little more about the different type of sheep. Our camp site was neat too. We were surrounded my some of the nicest vendors who were also camping and these super cute goats.
The super duper highlight of the trip was this early birthday present from my husband.
That's right!!! It's a drum carder-baby!!!! WoooooooHOooooooo!!!
Now I get to card all this raw fiber I couldn't stop myself from buying while I was at the festival :)

2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Anna said...

LUCKY YOU!!!!!!
I wish I could have gone to the Fiber Festival!!!!!!!
Are you a memeber of the Spinners Guild? I want to join but can't seem to find the website. I know there's an eastside group that meets in Bellevue somewhere.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger KnitterBunny said...

I bought Sleeping Dragon in MI at "In Sheep's Clothing." The gal that dyes it is originally from near there in MI so they get in special orders of it. lol How funny is that!

As for your goats, I can tell you all of their breeds as well. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home