A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Friday, August 18, 2006

An after-thought that still has me thinking

Well, I decided to try an after-thought heel on my toe-up socks. I gotta say, I was very happy that it was so dang easy to do. I thought it would be rough going for the first heel- but it was a snap. And it's fits 'snug as a bug'!
Only problem is I must of done something really wrong, because here's what it looks like when it's not on my foot.

A flinging square heel!!! What the heck?! I decreased every other row until I had 12 stitches remaining. I could have stopped at 24 or 28, but I don't think I would have had a big enough heel for my heel. Should I stop at 20? Should I have done some knit rows before I started decreasing? Should I have done some knit rows after I was done decreasing! HELP!!! I love this type of heel, but this freaky square look is a bit to much to accept!!

2 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Monique said...

My first short row heel looks like that. It fits wonderfully, but it looks like that off. I guess as long as it looks good and fits while it's on is important, but I do agree, it's a bit unsettling

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - that is pretty weird looking, but you can't tell when it's on. hmmm...i've never attempted that heel so i'm not sure what it's supposed to look like!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home