A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Two at a time, toe up socks

Several months back, I attempted my first pair of two at a time, toe up socks on one circular! This is not that pair of socks.
I did pretty good on the toe part, but once I got to the foot section I could not get used to the one needle and my tension was crazy. Well, I kept going anyway figuring it was a practice pair and how bad can it really be. Then I realized how bad it really was...it has soooo many puckers and then tight spots, it was a lost cause.
So I scrapped those and started these. I am ultra aware of my tension on these and they seem to be coming along nicely (I shouldn't mention that I had to start over 3 times before I could figure out the dang toe increases).
I have also decided to try the after thought heel....I think the next pair after this will have to be done in different colors for the toe and heel :)

1 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

They look great! I'm doing a pair the same way right now...I love that yarn color!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home