A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Friday, July 14, 2006

What else can I add


Ok, so I am pretty much a novice when it comes to all things spinning, but I am sure having a ball!!! I don't know the low-down on the ratios, I don't know the names of the parts on the wheel, and I am not sure what good it does when I screw tight or loosen the leather strap. That said, I decided that working on the basics would have to wait and stepped right up to the plate and tried something a little more advanced.
BEADS!!! I spun beads into the yarn when I plied it and it looks pretty dang cool! Now the mind is going crazy with new ideas for other things to spin with the ply. After seeing a few ideas from that Handspun Revolutions book I am eager to try some nifty new stuff!! Stay tuned for more pictures :)

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Oiyi said...

It looks great! It doesn't look like a novice made it at all. Very professional looking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home