Going Green: How to Save $100 Without Really Trying
I'm so happy that last time I blogged about going green, I had such a positive response! I thought I'd share a list of some of the tiny changes that DH and I have made around the house. At first it was just an effort to reduce our impact on the environment, but we were very happy to see that just these little changes saved us about $100 on our utility bills!!
Easy tips for going green (and saving money):
- Only run full loads in the laundry and dishwasher
- Run the laundry and dish cycles after 7pm when water consumption is down and costs are lower
- Turn lights off when you aren't in the room, or try putting lights on a timer
- Turn off the computer and other big electronics before bed (power strips are a big help here)
- Keep heat at 60 degrees, especially when you're sleeping or away from home (a programmable thermostat is a big help here)
Can you believe just those little changes had such a big impact? What's been working well for you?