A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Friday, July 25, 2008

Speaking in Public

So, behind the safetly of a computer monitor, I am pretty outgoing. With people I know, I am pretty outgoing. Put me around people I don't know and I turn 8 shades of red when I speak.

So I have decided to live on the edge and accept Amy's (a Lucky Lurker, e-mailing pal, fellow knitter) invitation to speak at their Knitting Guild in Bellevue WA on Monday night!

I am going to be speaking about my wonderful world of Duet Yarns!

Actually, Amy said that it's a smaller group during the summer so this will be more of a question and answer type thing than actually 'speaking' (can you hear my sign of relief all the way on the east coast?). Q & A is definitely more my speed...feels more like friends talking yarn than anything!
I am actually pretty excited!!! Nervous, but excited! And I am bringing yarn! An evening talking yarn sounds fabulous to me!!! Wish you all could come!!! For those of you who are going to be there...I can't wait to meet you!!! :)

5 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Serina said...

Go Girl! You'll do great.

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll be just fine...you have such a great personality that people can't help but to just like you. :)

What the heck is the colorway right above the blueish skeins??? The purply-burgundy-pinky one? Must.....have.....

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger SeattleAmy said...

I'm so excited!!! I can't WAIT for Monday...it'll be awesome to get to see so much of your yarn in one spot!

Amy

 
At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking in public can be hard. Speaking in public about what we love can be a lot of fun! Once again, yarn saves the day!!!

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will do just fine, all you have to do is bring yarn and people will love you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home