A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Desperate times call for desperate measures


A HUGE thank you for the comments with suggestions on where to look for bride's maid dresses!!! Sadly, I am still coming up empty handed...David's Bridal has had the best pink, but it's all in taffetta-and with a vintage style wedding dress I don't think it's going to quick match the style. Me and my gals have another stop this weekend to check out dresses, but I am now very seriously considering hitting the fabric stores and pulling out the sewing machine and making these dresses myself. It seems like the best way to get the colors I want, but I am a bit nervous about how rusty I might be...it's been a few years since I have made any clothing so I would definitely need a bit of practice.

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Monique said...

the green dress in that pattern looks so pretty. Sort of vintage

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Check out this blog :

http://sewiknit.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home