A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Tuesday, January 31, 2006


What a full weekend. Friday, Ken went in for surgery to get a bump removed and he is doing peachy keen now! He came back a little loopy, so that was fun to tease him about. Other than that, he is just left with a stitched up cut.
I also headed out with my gals in search of some bride's maid dresses and could NOT find pink anything!!!! I was absolutely shocked. I really thought it would be a piece of cake to find a bride's maid dress in regular pink. I also couldn't find a darn thing in Lime Green either. I have found a place on-line to order dresses, but then my bride's maids don't get to try it on first. The other option is to see what comes out in spring at the department stores. Not sure what to do at this point!! Any suggestions?
Saturday was a fun day for both Ken and I, he headed off to the sportsmen show and I headed off to the salon. I got my hair colored back to all dark brown...I am still adjusting to it, it seems a bit dark to me!
Over the entire weekend, I made some serious progress on both my Clapotis and my Vogue Cardigan (pictures to come) I am just about to the decreasing point on the Clapotis and I have only the sleeves and seaming left on the cardigan!!! WooHOO!!

3 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my bridesmaid dresses from David's Bridal. I did the "mix and match" thing they have so that my bridemaids could kind of pick their own dresses but have the same shade of pink. It was a great shade of pink and I got a ton of compliments on them. I've just uploaded a pic of them from their catalog on my server you can check out here (just imagine the skirts are pink instead of silver!)

Good luck!

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recall seeing a pink option at the Ann Taylor celebrations web site, in the "customize your dress and sash" feature. I thought those options looked nice. Good luck!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Check out JCrew for brides maid dresses:
http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/category.jhtml?id=cat74821&navAction=jump&srcCode=YNWO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home