A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Time Flies


Three weeks have flown by with out a single post. Geesh! Well, truth be told, I was just having so much fun, no time to stop and share!
A few weeks ago, Ken and I headed to Vegas for my company party. I played Black Jack for the first time will I was down there and was totally hooked for the rest of the time. I didn't win any money at it, but I didn't loose any either so I had a great time.
The first night we went to see Mystere and it was absolutely incredible. The things those people can do is amazing...I can't wait to see another Cirque de Soleil, I just can't say enough wonderful things about the performance!!!
Ken and I rented a car while we were there and headed out for the Valley of Fire and Hoover Dam. The Valley of Fire was absolutely breath-taking. The colors and rock formations were such an amazing sight to see. With it only about 30 minutes from Vegas, if ever you have the oppurtunity to check it out, it's well worth the detour!!!
Then we wrapped up the Vegas trip with a bit more black jack and headed home to begin the frantic dash of Christmas preperations.
With our 6' Christmas tree crammed into our very tiny living room, the wrapped presents quickly took over any floor space remaining. It was close quarters for Ken and I through the holidays, but we survived and Christmas day came and every one was spoiled like crazy...yes, that includes each and every one of our 5 critters and the animal shelters I donated food and treats to.
Many family and friends received 'Learn to Knit' sets that Ken and I put together, so I am looking forward to lots of questions and neat knitted projects from a new batch of knitters! I have to try to get everyone hooked, right?!
The clapotis has had very slow progress so I won't bore you with picture updates until there is significant visual progress. I did however get a few batches of One of a Kind fingering weight yarn done through the holidays and I am very excited about the results.
One final tidbit to bring this blog up to date is the sad news that Karen, a fellow Eastside Stitcher, is moving to Utah in just a couple short weeks. I wish her and her husband lots of good luck on their new adventure!!!!!!
And there you have it, three weeks ago to now :) Now maybe with things slowing down, I will be able to knit LOTS more :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home