A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Wednesday, August 24, 2005


WARNING: What I am about to share with you is kinda gross. I need to point out two points. First, I live by the motto 'Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it' and second, my knitting bag, like my dog, goes pretty much everywhere with me. The first point explains why I have a minimum of three knitting projects in my bag... you never know what you are going to be in the mood to work on when you do get a moment to knit. The second point is to explain that since the knitting bag does go everywhere with me, on occasion it holds other various items, like car keys, bills, my wallet, left over fruit from lunch, etc. That left over fruit is the sad, gross reason for this post. It has been about a week since I have had a chance to open my knitting bag and today I just missed my projects so I need to take a peak at my stash...and that's when the smell hit me!!! At first I had no idea what the heck it was or where it was coming from so I continued to peak at my knitting stash. Then, under the kelly green cardigan, there it was...that nectarine I didn't finish from lunch last week :( That dang nectarine was stuck to the socks, to patterns, and to other balls of yarn not show. On the other items it wasn't stuck to, it left a very apparent aroma. Aaaaaaahhhh! Now I have to figure out how to either wash the yarn and half finished projects or how to finish the projects quickly so I can hurry and wash them. Oh, and a third point I should have added... I am not the most tolerant of unusual smells-so quick and effective action will be taken immediately, all the while keeping my nose in a krinkled position to clearly indicate the gross smell factor!! :P GGGggggrrrooooossssssssss!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Almond Tea said...

You can try Febreeze? Maybe? I'm not sure...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home