A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Monday, August 15, 2005


Started the Clapotis over the weekend while at a BBQ with Ken's family and friends. While I was a few inches back I was asked a half dozen times if I was knitting a thong!!! As other people would come up and give me a funny look after looking at my knitting, I would simply say, "No- it's not a thong, it's the beginning of a scarf". I thought it was funny! What a great impression it would make on my family-to-be if I knit sexy lingerie at their family functions :P

7 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger Oiyi said...

I wanted to order the Schaefer Yarn from your store to make Clapotis, so I was wondering how many skeins I would need?

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Angela said...

A skein of Schaefer has 560 yards on it and the pattern calls for about 600 yards for the Clapotis. I only purchased 1 skein and I think that will be plenty! If you are worried, you could get two skeins and with the left-overs make a pair of oh-so-soft socks to match! :)

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Thanks, Angela! I will order one skein b/c I don't know how to knit socks yet.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Did you have to change the number of stitches for the pattern since the Schaefer yarn (Anne) is a fingering weight? The Lion and Lamb yarn is worsted weight.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I am following the pattern 'as is' and expect to get a smaller, narrower scarf as a result. If you want it to be larger, you would increase the number of increases and straight pattern rows than the pattern calls for and plan to use a second skein...if you are happy with a smaller version of the clapotis then you can follow the pattern as directed and be fine with one skein. I am knitting with size 3 needles and I am a loose knitter and I am getting wonderful drape. It's a prety easy pattern to make adjustments to once you get the hang of it!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Thanks for all the info. I just bought it in my favrite color, purple! plus, another yarn. Hee hee..couldn't resist.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Get your knitting needles ready :) your yarn will be on it's way shortly!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home