A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Monday, May 09, 2005

Is it just me or is there NOT enough time in a weekend?


Friday night I blew up balloons for the Open House... turns out Guppy really doesn't like balloons to be blown up. I would blow up a balloon- he would bark. I would blow up the next balloon- he would bark. My dog is so weird.
Saturday was the Open House, what a fun day! I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who came!! I can't wait to see the finished projects from the yarn you purchased!
Sunday-bright and early, Ken and I headed to Hood Canal to catch the low tide for a bit of clam digging. We both brought our dogs, so while his two big ole labs jumped through the water, Guppy tried to figure out a way to get on my lap while I was shucking my oysters. I haven't hung out with Ken in a couple years so it was great to get to catch up with him and get to see where his secret clam digging spot was. We both had our limit of oysters and clams in no time flat!!
Then it was off to my family's house for a birthday celebration for my brother, Guy, and a mother's day barbeque. Of course everyone wanted something different, so we had chicken and steak and garden burgers and hamburgers and for desert we had cookies and ice cream and cake and brownies. Needless to say, we were all very full! We had hoped a Texas Hold 'em game would happen, but no such luck. It was still a fun birthday and mother's day celebration! :)
Then I was in bed and sound asleep by 9:30pm on Sunday night, and I just gotta wonder... is it just me or are weekends too darn short?!

1 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weekends and great curvy roads are definitely too darn short! At least that's what your biker momma thinks. Your open house was great and I loved the selection you had. Looking forward to Opening Web Site Day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home