A Girl's Gotta Knit

A blog about opening A Swell Yarn Shop, knitting and the rest of the stuff that makes life fun :)

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Decisions Decisions

How the heck to organize alllllllll the yarn....Hmmm. Should it be by color or maybe by fiber. Should I put the fancy ones up on higher shelves and the basics on lower shelves. Should I keep brands together or spread them out. Should the sock yarn be all together or mingling among the other yarns. These are very critical choices and harder than you might think to make. So for the Open House on Saturday May 7th, 11-4, I am leaving them as they are...haphazard and pretty to look at :)

3 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How about by gauge, then fiber?

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with d-made. I usually go to an LYS with a project in mind, which usually means that I am looking for gauge first, then color, fiber, etc. Maybe a seperate section for sock yarns and novelty yarns. Can't wait to place an order!

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a browser, and I've had a lot of fun at stores that sort by color. But yes, by brand or type of fiber makes more sense.

Of course, you're probably all organized by now. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home